We were lucky and delighted, early in our trip, to attend part of the Royal wedding ceremony. But that was only the beginning of the "people" side of the trip....
As we were waiting to board the Paro-Delhi flight, we heard a rumour that the King and the Queen would be on the flight. And that turned out to be true. A red carpet was deployed in front of the plane as we boarded, and a flurry of officials confirmed that the royal couple would be on our flight.
Pascale and I were comfortably seated in the second row of the plane when two army generals came and sat across the aisle, and then two ministers sat in front of us. Finally the King and Queen arrived, nodded at Pascale and me, and sat down.
During the flight we noticed that the King was working: first reading some documents, then writing on his iPad. The Queen read a few magazines, and I saw her eat lunch, and in particular she ordered a lot of pastries and ate several chocolates. (She is still thin but that can't last....). We noticed that the stewardesses were bowing each time they were passing the royals, which was surprising, but when I got up and passed by them, I decided not to bow!
When we arrived in Delhi, the royals and their suite left first while we waited to disembark.
-- Guy
1 comment:
I assume that they did not allow any pictures. LB
Post a Comment